Small Business Spotlight – Shoreline Village
In a world dominated by Target, Walmart, and Amazon, it’s easy to overlook the charm and character of small businesses in our local communities. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, contributing to job creation, economic growth, and the unique nature of our neighborhoods. Small Business Saturday, celebrated on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, is a special day dedicated to showing your support for these local gems. Shoreline Village will host Small Business Saturday with specials, live music, and freebies for kids and families this year!
Why Small Businesses Matter
Shoreline Village has been around since the early 80s and remains a majority of small businesses and local mom-and-pop shops – something we strive to maintain. Supporting them on Small Business Saturday is more than just a gesture; it’s an investment in the local economy.
Shoreline Village offers an array of charming shops and eateries. Here are just a few of the businesses you can explore during your Small Business Saturday visit:
1. Pirate’s Cove: The exclusive Long Beach souvenir shop. They are a local family business for over 25+ years. From T-shirts to Shot Glasses, Magnets to Keychains, they have something for every Long Beach lover, tourist or not!
2. Raindance: If you’re looking for something to balance your chakras or soothe your soul, Raindance has it. They carry Native American hand-crafted silver jewelry set in turquoise and other semi-precious stones, pottery, Dream catchers, and much more. Established in 1996, Raindance brings you a little bit of the Southwest by the Sea.
3. Queen Mary Couture: Find on-trend apparel and accessories for men and women alike! A cutting edge-assortment of Hip and Vintage-inspired, Rocker-Chic fashion!
4. Saga: Saga Clothing has been bringing the best of European Fashion to the United States for over 30 years, focusing on Italian linens, cotton, and silks. All products are manufactured and sourced out of Italy to ensure that when you wear Saga, you have a piece of Europe.
5. BULK Beef Jerky: B.U.L.K Beef Jerky is a premium gourmet jerky provider with a mission to offer the most loved jerky worldwide. They hand-select and test their products to ensure the highest quality for jerky lovers, offering a variety of tastes, quality, and a wide selection, including beef sticks, dried fruit, and nuts. The business began in 2004 and focused on building a family-oriented community, spreading kindness, and connecting with customers.
As Small Business Saturday approaches, we encourage you to go to Shoreline Village in Long Beach to celebrate this special day. Here, you can experience small businesses’ warmth, charm, and unique offerings, all set against stunning coastal beauty. So, mark your calendar, grab your friends and family, and embark on a memorable journey to Shoreline Village on Small Business Saturday. Your patronage will make a difference and keep the spirit of small businesses alive in your community.